My Detox Plan
There are lots of options for detox plans depending on the purpose (clear skin, weight loss, take the load off the organs that detoxify your body: kidney, liver,…).
For me my goal is mainly to improve digestion and have that sparkling skin glow. So my detox plan is pretty simplified and the duration is about 7 days.
Food to eat:
1. Fruits: all fresh fruits, and my favorites are: kiwi, blackberries, blueberries, grapes, raspberries, pichuberries,…
2. Vegetables: all fresh vegetables: spinach, cucumber, baby tomatoes,…but my all time favorite is Kale (king of veggie kingdom, highest amount of antioxidants)
3. Nuts: cashews, almonds, walnuts,..
4. Seeds: pumpkin or sunflower seeds
5. Virgin olive oil
6. If you can’t resist temptation for meat, you can have lean meat like chicken without skin, limited to 2 servings in a week.
7. Green tea, white tea, (decaffeinated)
8. Drink lots of water
My detox routine:
1. Morning drink: lots of people choose lemon juice to cleanse the system and kick off digestion. Squeeze half a lemon in a cup of hot water. Drink this first thing in the morning. But for me this is too difficult to drink! I choose to drink kale/green apple juice, much tastier!!!
3. 15 min meditation or quiet reading
4. Drink 3 liters fluids daily
5. Chew your salad/food slowly, 10-12 times before swallowing
It’s not easy to start a detox routine. By making the veggies/fruits prettier, it sure helps and improves the appetite!
Happy Detox Everyone!!!!
July 1, 2016